TeraScript Server 6 (formerly Witango Application Server 6) Installation Notes
WARNING! Please Read Before Installation:
With this release, the @XSLT tag has been removed. This change was due to the removal of an outdated and unsupported dependancy. We hope that this is a temporary removal and that the @XSLT tag will be reinstated in a future version of the server. If your application requires XSLT functionality, you can either stay with 6.0 or investigate external options, such as COM or JavaBean implementations.
Because of the name change, all paths have been changed and many file names have been changed. These changes may affect your installation. Allow yourself some extra time to understand these differences.
How to properly install TeraScript Server 6.1
Due to the name change, TeraScript will install into a new location and can be run alongside Witango Application Server 6.0 and 5.5 installations. The TCP port will conflict with 6.0, if you wish to run 6.0 and 6.1 at the same time, please change the LISTENERPORT in server.ini.
For Mac OS X
There are included installation scripts which install the service and web server module. After installation is complete, you should run the script named "Install TeraScript". If you are on OS X Server, please run the script named "Install TeraScript Server". We have also included a script named "Control TeraScript" which allows you to start, stop and restart the TeraScript Service. All 3 of these scripts are located in the installation folder (/Applications/TeraScript Server 6/ by default) and have shortcuts installed during installation.
For Linux (Debian only)
Starting with 6.1.3, There is now a debian package (.deb) for installation support on Debian and Ubuntu. There are some additional steps for completing the installation on these platforms as explained here. Please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems installing on these platforms.
- To install, run: sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /path_to_deb/TeraScriptServerLIN613.deb
- unixodbc must be installed, run: sudo apt-get install unixodbc
- Add these two lines to /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
- LoadModule TeraScriptModule /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_terascript.so
- terascript_module mod_terascript.so
To install TeraScript Server 6.1
- Backup the configuration folder.
- Run the Witango Application Server Uninstaller or stop the Witango Server service.
- Run the TeraScript Server 6.1 Installer.
- Follow the prompts until it has completed successfully.
- Run the Install TeraScript script (Mac OS X only).
- Copy license.ini and other configuration files from Witango install folder to TeraScript install. Note that witango.ini has been renamed to server.ini.
- Test your website
You may be asked to restart your computer after each installer has run.
Depending on your web server configuration, you may need to edit the module loading or file extension mappings. Note that the Witango 6.0 and TeraScript 6.1 web server modules are compatible and can be used interchangably, but it is recommended to update the modules.
There is currently no .deb package for Debian systems. We are working on that package and will make it available when its ready.
Customers have had good luck using the .rpm package with alien on Debian based systems.